RMFSC Scrip Program
Scrip Coordinator – Lindsay Bunce: email@example.com
RMFSC is pleased to offer the Scrip Program benefit to all active club members!
The Scrip Program is a fund raising program that benefits your skater DIRECTLY, with funds that may be used to pay for skating related expenses. After registering for the program, you purchase physical or electronic gift cards for the stores where you normally shop. There are hundreds of merchants who participate, and they offer rebates for the scrip card purchases. The club retains 1% of the transaction total to cover administrative costs. The remainder of the rebate value is tracked for you, and held until you are ready to spend it on skating expenses. There is no cost to join or use the program, and it is truly as good as it sounds! Rebates add up fast – you’re shopping and spending money already – why not get rebates to help pay for your skater’s expense?
RMFSC offers two ways for you to take advantage of the Scrip Program. We participate in the King Soopers Community Rewards (KSCR) program and in the online Great Lakes Scrip program at www.shopwithscrip.com. Please see the details below.
King Soopers Community Rewards Program
Rocky Mountain Figure Skating club is a participant in the KSCR Program. To participate, you’ll need a King Soopers SooperCard, which you can get at one of their stores, if you don’t already have one. This gives you access to their repeat customer discounts, as well as to their digital coupons and other standard benefits. Once you have an account, you can login to their website (or with their app on your phone), and go to the My Account section (you can find this in the upper right corner below the blue band. Once you’re on the My Account page, on the left hand side of the page is a set of options. The 5th option says “Community Rewards”. Select this page. On this page at the top, it says “Find an Organization” and there’s a box. Type in Rocky Mountain Figure Skating Club and click on the Search button. Once you see the RMFSC option, click on Enroll.
Once you are enrolled, the dollar value of purchases (including Clicklist, but excluding gasoline, alcohol, tobacco or any cash style purchases (Gift Cards, Green Dot, etc.)) you make, with your card(s) or alternate IDs are recorded. All you need to do is use your card or alternate id whenever you make purchases. Gift cards can be used, but unlike in the past, rewards are tabulated based on purchases, when you use the gift card, and not gift card loading. Unlike the past, it is not necessary to use a registered gift card to participate. Gift cards loaded under the old program may still be used, but rewards are based on your use of the SoopersCard for your purchase and are not tied to a gift card.
All club participant’s total purchases are combined over each quarter (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec). King Soopers will set aside $2.5 million dollars each quarter which they split among the participating KSCR clubs/organizations according to the amount spent. This is larger than the budget in the past, so it’s likely that your portion will exceed 5% of your purchases (the old program), but the reward is not a fixed percentage; in the new program, your reward will be based on your purchasing total and the club’s purchasing total as compared to other clubs/organizations, determining our share of the $2.5 million donation from King Soopers.
In the month following the quarter, King Soopers will send a check to RMFSC with the total for all participants. We will notify all club members who have registered with RMFSC in the club program. At that time, you will login to your King Soopers account which will report your individual earning. You will have 3 weeks to print the report (either in an electronic document or on paper) and email the electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave it in the club box at the rink. If you meet the deadline, then you are ensured of getting your portion of the club’s total reward credited to your Scrip account (roughly 2 months after the end of the quarter). If you miss the deadline, you can still submit your report, and you will be credited based on the available funds.
This reporting procedure is necessary because King Soopers does not release the individual member information to the Club, for the protection of your privacy. Of course, if you want to participate in the reward program with RMFSC, you’ll need to provide your reward report to us.
You can use multiple SooperCard accounts (either linked to a single account or separate accounts). All KS accounts must be enrolled in the Community Rewards program on the KS website with RMFSC in order to earn rewards toward a RMFSC scrip balance. This means that you can share an account with your family and friends, or you can enroll multiple accounts with family and friends, which will all contribute to your Scrip balance. You’ll need to provide a copy of each account’s rewards after the quarter, once they are available, in order to include those rewards in your scrip balance.
The KSCR program only allows you to be enrolled with one organization at a time (RMFSC or a sports club or whatever). However, you can switch organizations whenever you like on the King Soopers website or on the App, and your rewards will be split between the organizations, according to which purchases were made at the times you were enrolled with each organization. The reward report which you submit will include the breakdown of your reward by organization and RMFSC will give you Scrip credit based on the RMFSC reward portion on your report.
Your SooperCard can be used at any Kroger network store, but the KSCR program only applies to purchases made at King Soopers/City Market stores (Colorado plus a few stores in Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico). King Soopers has told us that they are working on a way to enable rewards for purchases in other Kroger network stores, but this ability is not available at this time.
You may elect to participate in only the King Soopers Community Reward program. If you wish to participate on ONLY the KSCR program, you must:
- Complete and sign the RMFSC Scrip Agreement
- Complete the King Soopers Scrip Only form.
- Email electronic copies of both forms to email@example.com or place both forms in the drop box in the locker room at the rink. You will be emailed to acknowledge that we have received your intent to participate.
When participating in only the KSCR program, you are responsible for the following steps:
- Get a SooperCard (unless you already have one).
- Enroll in the Community Rewards Program with RMFSC on the King Soopers website or app.
- At the end of the quarter, the scrip coordinator will send you an email requesting your individual reward report(s) from King Soopers. Print your report electronically or on paper and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave it in the club mailbox.
- The scrip coordinator will provide a quarterly report showing all rewards earned (probably 2 months after the end of the KSCR quarter).
- All terms of the RMFSC Scrip Agreement apply.
Great Lakes Scrip Program – www.shopwithscrip.com
Note: If you elect to sign up for this program, you may purchase King Soopers Reloadable cards through this program, and need not follow the above King Soopers Only steps.
The Great Lakes Scrip Program offers gift cards from hundreds of merchants, many of which you shop with every day already. Specific card types vary, but most merchants offer physical cards, electronic cards (called ScripNow!), and reloadable card options. You also have the option to download a smart phone app, called MyScripWallet, so that you can make scrip purchases while standing in line, and pay for them with the phone app. (ie. Earn a rebate while you’re sitting in the Starbucks drive-thru or in line at Old Navy or Home Depot!)
The rebates you earn from your purchases accumulate and are held in reserve for you. When you have a skating related expense (coach invoice, rink contract, new skates, punch card, etc.) you submit a Scrip Funds Request Form, and the club issues a check directly to the coach/rink, etc. on your behalf.
Rebates vary by vendor, and they add up quickly! They are great for your every day purchases, as well as gifts.
How Do I sign up?
There are 3 simple steps required to sign up.
1) Complete the RMFSC Scrip Agreement and leave it in the lock box in the locker room. Alternately, you may scan the completed form and email it to email@example.com.
2) Sign up for the Great Lakes Scrip program online:
- To sign up, please visit the following website: www.shopwithscrip.com
- When you sign up, please enter RMFSC for “teacher” and your skater’s name for “student”. The enrollment code that will attach your account to the RMFSC program is:
How the process works:
After you have completed the above 3 steps and you have been notified that the PrestoPay setup is complete, you can place orders. Members are able to place orders online at any time.
- Physical gift cards orders are placed on a monthly basis, typically on the second Sunday of each month.
- Orders for physical cards must be placed by 2:00p on the second Sunday of each month. Cards are typically received by the following Thursday, at which time you will be contacted to arrange delivery.
- We may be able to accommodate out-of-cycle physical card orders, if we have a total of $850 in orders. If you are making a large card purchase and need to request an out of cycle order, contact the Scrip Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine feasibility.
- Convenient ScripNow!, ReloadNow!, and Reload options are also available.
- ScripNow! Purchases are instant gift cards that you access from your Great Lakes Scrip account Dashboard, and can print for immediate use.
- Reload and ReloadNow! Provide an environmentally friendly option to re-use existing physical cards. When your Reload orders are placed and paid for before 3:30 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, the funds will be added to your card overnight. Plus, for a growing number of retailers, you can add funds to your cards even faster with ReloadNow™and use, usually within a few minutes of placing the order.
- MyScripWallet is an app that you can download to your smartphone, which allows you to buy scrip and use it right from your phone.
- The Scrip Coordinator will email you a detailed transaction report, typically twice a month, when you have transactions. The club will retain 1% of the transaction totals to cover administrative costs. The balance of the rebates are tracked for you, and the transaction report will show your running transaction history and ongoing rebate balance, available for your skater’s expenses.
Using funds from your account:
You may use the available funds in your scrip account at any time, so long as you are an active club member in good standing. Funds may be used for any skating related expenses, i.e. coaching, contracts, costumes, seminars, the list is endless. Please note that checks cannot be written to you as reimbursement of expenses. When you wish to use your funds, complete a Scrip Fund Request Form and submit with a copy of the associated bill or invoice. You can place the completed scrip fund request form and receipt in the lock box, addressed to the RMFSC Treasurer or email a scanned copy, along with copy of the invoice, to email@example.com.
Exiting Club Members
Club members who plan to not renew their membership:
- May use the funds balance in their account, while still active members in good standing, for expenses incurred while club membership is active. Scrip Fund Request Form
- May donate your balance, use the Scrip Funds Request Form for Exiting Club Members.
- Donate funds balance to RMFSC
- Donate funds to another skater’s scrip account
If you have any questions about the program or how to get started, please contact the Scrip Coordinator.